Android v11 (R)
MediaTek Dimensity 700
Samsung has launched yet another smartphone in the mid-range segment, the Samsung Galaxy F42 5G. This smartphone focuses on performance thanks to the MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G SoC on board along with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage which make multi-tasking easy and seamless. As for the screen, the smartphone comes with a 6.51-inch Full HD+ (1080x2400 pixel resolution) LCD with 90Hz refresh rate, and a water-drop notch for the front facing camera. Coming to the cameras, you get a triple camera setup with a 64MP primary, 5MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and 2MP bokeh camera. On the front you get a 8MP sensor for selfies and video calls. The smartphone runs on One UI 3.1 which is based on Android 11 out of the box. It is fuelled by a 5000 mAh battery with fast charging support up to 15W.
- Full HD+ LCD with 90Hz refresh rate
- Good performance
- Good battery life, quick charging support
- 12 5G bands
- Average cameras
- Heavy to hold
- No IP rating
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G comes in a polycarbonate body with a glossy finish which is a magnet for fingerprint and scratches so we advise on using a case to avoid this. In terms of the hand held feel it is thick and heavy with 167.2?x?76.4?x?9?mm dimension and weighs 203g.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G SoC which helps in multitasking thanks to its 8 core CPUs with a top clock speed of 2.2GHz paired with 6GB of RAM. As for the graphical capabilities, the smartphone houses a Mali-G57 MC2 GPU.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G sports a 6.6-inch Full HD+ (1080x2400 pixels resolution) LCD with 90Hz refresh rate and a 400 PPI (Pixels per inch) density. The screen offers an excellent viewing experience thanks to the 20:9 aspect ratio, thin bezels and an 82.1% screen to body ratio. Along with this, the device comes with a water drop notch for the selfie camera for an uninterrupted viewing experience.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G is fueled by a massive 5000 mAh non-removable Lithium-ion Battery which will easily take you through your day without the need to charge in between. It supports 15W of fast charging which is below average in this price segment. Nevertheless, you can expect at least 4 hrs of heavy gaming without worrying about the battery backup, but do keep in mind it only supports 15W of fast charging which will charge the smartphone from 0-100% within 2 hours.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G houses a triple camera setup at the rear with a 64MP (f/1.8 aperture) primary lens, a 5MP (f/2.2 aperture) ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2MP (f/2.4 aperture) bokeh camera. On the front, the smartphone houses an 8MP (f/2.0 aperture). The smartphone offers an average camera performance which is not expected in this price segment. Additionally, the camera supports QWXGA 2K (2048 x 1152) video recording at 30fps and 10x digital zoom. The smartphone also does not have OIS for stability.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G comes with 128GB UFS 2.2 storage which can be further expanded up to 1TB using the dedicated micro SD card slot. It comes with 6GB LPDDR4X RAM to help you multitask.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G can support medium to light gaming on high-medium settings without lag. Nevertheless, it provides a fun gaming experience thanks to its FHD+ display along with 90Hz refresh rate which helps in reducing the lag caused by low FPS. You can also game non-stop without worrying about the battery drainage due to the huge 5000 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G features a fingerprint sensor on the power button on the side along with face unlock through the selfie camera to secure your device. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for accidental drop protection. Unfortunately, there is no IP rating so be careful of water splashes.
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G is compatible with 5G and 4G VoLTE networks for voice and video calls. Along with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80, GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth v5.0, USB Type-C and a 3.5mm audio jack. The device supports a dual nano sim slot along with a dedicated micro SD card slot.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G (6GB, 128GB) Specification
- Gaming MobileYes
- Model NumberSM-E426BZBGINS
- Model NameGalaxy F42 5G (6GB, 128GB)
- Also known as0
- SeriesGalaxy Series
- Sub-SeriesGalaxy F Series
- OS VersionAndroid v11 (R)
- Custom OSOne UI v3.1
- CPUMediaTek Dimensity 700
- CPU CoreDual Core
- GPUARM Mali-G57 MC2
- RAM Size6 GB
- RAM Extended0 GB
- RAM TypeLPDDR4x
- Internal Storage128 GB
- External Storage1 TB
- SD Card SlotmicroSD
- Display Size6.6 inch
- Dual-Display Size0 inch
- FeaturesMulti-Touch, Capacitive Touchscreen
- Types Of NotchesWaterdrop Notch Display
- Screen Refresh Rate90 Hz
- Display TypeTouchscreen
- Display Resolution1080 x 2400 Pixels
- Front Display Resolution0 X 0 Pixels
- HD TypeFull HD+ (FHD+)
- Aspect Ratio20 : 9
- Bezel less mobileYes
- Other Features0
- Dimensions167.2 (H) x 76.4 (W) x 9 (T) mm
- Weight203 gm
- Device TypeSmartphone
- Rear Camera TypeTriple Camera
- Rear FlashLED
- Rear Hardware FeaturesAutofocus
- Rear Zoom Options10x Digital Zoom
- Rear Software FeaturesTouch to focus, ISO Control, Body and Face Detection, Auto Flash, Exposure Compensation
- Rear Shooting ModesHigh Dynamic Range (HDR), Continuos Shooting
- Rear Recording Resolution2560x1440 (QHD 2K)
- Rear Frame RateQHD 2K (1440p) @ 30fps
- Aperturef/ 1.8 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Rear Megapixels64 MP
- Aperturef/ 2.2 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Lens TypeUltra Wide Angle
- Rear Megapixels5 MP
- Aperturef/ 2.4 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Lens TypeDepth
- Rear Megapixels2 MP
- Front Camera TypeSingle Camera
- Front Recording Resolution1920x1080 (1080p HD)
- Front Frame RateFull HD (1080p) @ 30fps
- Aperturef/ 2.0 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Front Megapixels8 MP
- Wi-Fi featuresMobile Hotspot
- USB featuresMass Storage Device, USB Charging
- Network5G - 4G LTE - 3G - 2G
- Wi-Fi Version802.11, 802.11, b, 802.11, g, 802.11, n, 802.11, ac
- ConnectivityVoLTE, USB OTG Support, GPRS, EDGE
- LocationGPS, A-GPS (Assisted GPS), Glonass
- Charging connectorUSB Type-C
- Jack Connector3.5 mm
- Radio FMYes
- Sound TechnologyDolby Atmos
- SIM card slotsDual SIM
- Communication StandardGSM + GSM
- SIM Card1 SizeNano SIM
- SIM Card2 SizeNano SIM
- GSM1900 (band 2)
- LTE (FDD)2100 (band 1)
- LTE (TDD)2600 (band 38)
- NR (FDD)n1
- NR (TDD)n41
- UMTS and WCDMA2100 (band 1)
- Battery TypeLithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
- Battery Capacity5000 mAh
- Power Adapter15 W
- Reverse Charging0 W
- Quick ChargingYes
- SensorsLight Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, (Side) Fingerprint Sensor
- In the boxSIM Ejector Tool
- Product Warranty1 Year(s)
- Accessories Warranty6 Months
Frequent Question Of (Samsung Galaxy F42 5G (6GB, 128GB))
A: Yes, it comes with a 15W power adapter
A: It comes in 2 colour options - Matte Black and Matte Aqua
A: No, the device does not come with an IP rating
A: Yes, it has a 3.5mm headphone jack
A: Yes, it has a dedicated slot for a micro SD card.
A: No, it does not support wireless charging.
A: Yes, it supports dual Nano sims.
A: The lowest price of Samsung Galaxy F42 5G is Rs 20,999
A: Samsung Galaxy F42 5G mobile was launched on 29th September 2021
A: The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G was launched at Rs 20,999
A: No, you can find other smartphones with better gaming performance.
A: No, it lacks camera performance.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G (6GB, 128GB) Price in India
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G (6GB, 128GB) price in India starts from Rs. 17990. The lowest price of Samsung Galaxy F42 5G (6GB, 128GB) is Rs. 17990 at TATACLIQ on 29th Nov 2022.