Android v11 (R)
MediaTek Dimensity 1200
For the Reno series design has always been a big talking point and it's no different with the Reno 7 Pro. The glass back of the Oppo Reno 7 Pro comes with a new finish. According to Oppo, the company this time has used a new laser process to create hundreds of diagonal micro-etches, which are visible at certain angles. The AMOLED panel of 6.5-inches will deliver good colours and contrast. With a 90Hz peak refresh rate, it is a full-HD+ panel and 180Hz peak touch sampling rate, plus Corning Gorilla 5 for scratch protection. In the Oppo Reno 7 Pro, there's a new SoC, the Dimensity 1200-Max from MediaTek. With two special optimizations made for the Reno 7 Pro, this is a standard Dimensity 1200 SoC. You get ColorOS 12 but this is still based on Android 11, not Android 12. This smartphone handles the gameplay very smoothly and the display response is also on point. Gamers who love to play high-quality games such as PUBG, and BGMI can play these games on this smartphone without worrying about overheating the phone or any lags. The flat display, stereo speakers, and improved camera sensors are all welcome changes. Battery life is also solid, and it doesn't hurt to have super-fast charging. If fashionable looks and quirky camera features trump sheer performance for you, then you should be happy with the Reno 7 Pro.
- The Battery life of this smartphone is good. The design is very solid for the smartphone.
- The display is very bright and vivid.
- The cameras are also decent.
- The smartphone has Stereo speakers
- The smartphone's recorded video could be better.
- Specs are also not entirely competitive
Oppo Reno series has been the company's flagship offering in India for a few years now, ever since it stopped launching new models in the Find series. The formula for Reno Pro models has been pretty straightforward so far - slim bodies with curved displays and very fast charging. While the charging bit is still the same for the brand new Oppo Reno 7 Pro, Oppo has decided to switch things up with the design. This new flagship model also has a new(ish) SoC, upgraded camera sensors, and stereo speakers, making it a fairly decent upgrade over the Reno 6 Pro
The Oppo Reno 7 Pro draws power from MediaTek Dimensity 1200-Max chipset which claims to give an enhanced display, better imaging, and video clarity. It comes in a single 12GB RAM and 256GB storage variant. 12GB RAM gives fast performance and 256GB storage means lots of storage space for videos, audio, pictures, documents, and more. The phone is fast and smooth in day-to-day usage.
For Reno series' design has always been a big talking point, with a flattened aluminium frame and a flat display Oppo Reno 7 pro 5G looks extremely good. Along with the small hole-punch cutout, the Reno 7 Pro looks striking from the front but the bezels around the display are very slim. The glass back of the Oppo Reno 7 Pro has a new finish. to create hundreds of diagonal micro-etches Oppo says it has used a new laser process. The camera has an interesting multilayered design, with a light strip that glows when you get notifications and when the phone is charging. The smartphone doesn't have a headphone jack.
The smartphone has a 4,500mAh battery with support for up to 65W fast charging, using Oppo's proprietary SuperVOOC charger. The smartphone does not support wireless charging. The battery life of the smartphone is quite impressive too. The HD video loop test ran for nearly 22 hours before the phone turned itself off. In terms of daily usage, this is a very good runtime. Charging is fairly quick with the bundled charger. It can deliver roughly a 66 percent charge in half an hour and fully charges the phone in under an hour.
The cameras on the Oppo Reno 7 Pro have been updated from those of the previous model. The 32-megapixel selfie camera now uses a new Sony IMX709 sensor, which has an RGBW pixel layout for better light sensitivity and also supports DOL-HDR. It doesn't have autofocus, the aperture is not very wide at f/2.4, and video recording is limited to 1080p. The second upgrade is to the primary rear camera, which now has a Sony IMX766 sensor. This seems to be a very popular sensor this year, and we recently saw it in the OnePlus 9RT too. However, Oppo hasn't implemented optical stabilization, which is disappointing. This phone also has an 8-megapixel ultra-wide and a 2-megapixel macro camera.
There's a new SoC in the Oppo Reno 7 Pro, the Dimensity 1200-Max from MediaTek. This is a standard Dimensity 1200 SoC with two special optimizations made for the Reno 7 Pro: AI Deblur, which is said to improve the quality of selfies, and AI-PQ, which is said to induce an HDR-like effect in regular videos. There doesn't seem to be any performance benefit with this 'Max' version of the SoC, so for all other tasks, it should be business as usual. The 12GB of RAM can be expanded by allocating 7GB of storage if you use the RAM expansion feature in ColorOS.
The Oppo Reno 7 Pro 5G is powered by an Octa-core CPU which provides seamless performance while using numerous applications and playing graphics-intensive games.
The Oppo Reno 7 Pro is a good update to the Reno 6 Pro, and Oppo has done the right thing by pricing it lower. The flat display, stereo speakers, and improved camera sensors are all welcome changes. Battery life is also solid, and it doesn't hurt to have super-fast charging. The AI camera features and filters are fun additions if you're looking to create social-media-ready photos and videos without having to tinker around with other apps
Connectivity options for the Oppo Reno 7 Pro include Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, and the usual suite of satellite navigation systems.
Oppo Reno 7 Pro 5G Specification
- Gaming MobileYes
- Model NumberCPH2293
- Model NameReno 7 Pro 5G
- Also known as0
- SeriesReno Series
- OS VersionAndroid v11 (R)
- Custom OScolorOS 12
- CPUMediaTek Dimensity 1200
- CPU CoreOcta Core
- GPUARM Mali-G77 MC9
- RAM Size12 GB
- RAM Extended7 GB
- RAM TypeLPDDR4x
- Internal Storage256 GB
- Storage TypeUFS 3.1
- External Storage0 GB
- Display Size6.55 inch
- Dual-Display Size0 inch
- FeaturesMulti-Touch, Capacitive Touchscreen
- Types Of NotchesPunch Hole Display
- Screen Refresh Rate90 Hz
- Display TypeTouchscreen
- Display Resolution1080 x 2400 Pixels
- Front Display Resolution0 X 0 Pixels
- HD TypeFull HD+ (FHD+)
- Aspect Ratio20 : 9
- Bezel less mobileYes
- Screen ProtectorsCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Other Features0
- Dimensions158.2 (H) x 73.2 (W) x 7.5 (T) mm
- Weight180 gm
- Device TypeSmartphone
- Rear Camera TypeTriple Camera
- Rear FlashLED
- Rear Hardware FeaturesAutofocus, Sony IMX766
- Rear Zoom OptionsDigital Zoom
- Rear Software FeaturesTouch to focus, ISO Control, Body and Face Detection, Auto Flash, AR Stickers, Exposure Compensation
- Rear Shooting ModesHigh Dynamic Range (HDR), Panorama, Continuos Shooting, Night Mode, Macro Mode, Portrait Mode, Time-Lapse, Slow Motion, Dual View Video
- Rear Recording Resolution1920x1080 (1080p HD), 3840x2160 (UHD 4K)
- Rear Frame RateUHD 4K (2160p) @ 30fps, Full HD (1080p) @ 30fps
- Aperturef/ 1.8 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Focal Length24 mm
- Lens TypeWide Angle
- Pixel Size1.56 um
- Rear Megapixels50 MP
- Aperturef/ 2.2 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Lens TypeUltra Wide Angle
- Rear Megapixels8 MP
- Aperturef/ 2.4 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Lens TypeMacro
- Rear Megapixels2 MP
- Aperturef/ 2.4 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Lens TypeDepth
- Rear Megapixels2 MP
- Front Camera TypeSingle Camera
- Front FlashScreen Flash
- Front Hardware FeaturesExmor-RS CMOS Sensor
- Front Software FeaturesTime-Lapse Video, AR Stickers
- Front Shooting ModesPanorama, Night Mode, AI Portrait
- Front Recording Resolution1920x1080 (1080p HD), 1280x720 (720p HD)
- Front Frame RateFull HD (1080p) @ 30fps, HD (720p) @ 30fps
- Aperturef/ 2.4 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Focal Length22 mm
- Front Lens TypeWide Angle
- Front Megapixels32 MP
- Pixel Size0.8 um
- Wi-Fi featuresMobile Hotspot
- USB featuresMass Storage Device, USB Charging
- Network5G - 4G LTE - 3G - 2G
- Wi-Fi Version802.11, 802.11, a, 802.11, b, 802.11, g, 802.11, n, 802.11, ac, 802.11, ax
- ConnectivityNFC, VoLTE, USB OTG Support, GPRS, EDGE
- LocationGPS, A-GPS (Assisted GPS), Glonass, BeiDou, QZSS, NAVIC
- Charging connectorUSB Type-C
- Jack ConnectorUSB Type-C
- SIM card slotsDual SIM
- Communication StandardGSM + GSM
- SIM Card1 SizeNano SIM
- SIM Card2 SizeNano SIM
- GSM1900 (band 2)
- LTE (FDD)2100 (band 1)
- LTE (TDD)2600 (band 38)
- NR (FDD)n1
- NR (TDD)n41
- UMTS and WCDMA2100 (band 1)
- Battery TypeLithium Polymer
- Battery Capacity4500 mAh
- Power Adapter65 W
- Reverse Charging0 W
- Quick ChargingYes
- Fast Charging TechnologySuperVOOC Flash Charge
- SensorsLight Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Pedometer, Geomagnetic Sensor, Gravity Sensors, Face Unlock, (On-Screen) Fingerprint Sensor, Color Temperature Sensor
- In the boxSIM Ejector Tool, Charger
- Product Warranty1 Year(s)
- Accessories Warranty6 Months
Frequent Question Of (Oppo Reno 7 Pro 5G)
A: Yes, the smartphone does support 5G.
A: No, the smartphone is not waterproof
A: Yes, you can not expand the storage on the smartphone.
A: Yes, it supports Dual SIM with Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
A: 25 November 2021.
Oppo Reno 7 Pro 5G Price in India
Oppo Reno 7 Pro 5G price in India starts from Rs. 36250. The lowest price of Oppo Reno 7 Pro 5G is Rs. 36250 at Amazon on 01st Jul 2022.