Android v11 (R)
iQOO Z series is a mid-range series from Vivo?s sub-brand iQOO which is known to provide best price to performance ratio. This was one the major factors which had immensely contributed towards the success of the IQOO Z3 series of smartphones. And it looks like iQOO hasn't given up on this unique selling point yet as the iQOO Z5 packs even more value as a successor to the iQOO Z3. The new Z5 packs a much better hardware along with a better battery, a larger and more modern-looking display with a hole-punch cutout as compared to the Z3, that had a teardrop notch at the top of the screen. However, iQOO has not made any changes to the already great triple camera setup found on the iQOO Z3. Meanwhile, in terms of its software, the iQOO delivers a very similar bloatware-ridden experience to its predecessor in the form of FuntouchOS 12 based on Android 12 which comes with two years of major and three years of minor software updates.
- Stylish, slim and light
- 120Hz display
- Dual Stereo Speakers
- Comes with an LCD display instead of OLED.
- Large Amount of Bloatware
- Mediocre Software Experience
iQOO Z5 5G carries a weight of 193g along with a thickness of 8.5mm; this combined with a standard yet robust plastic body makes it comfortable to hold while being good looking. Meanwhile, you can get the device in two colours including Ace Black and Cyber Blue.
In terms of processing power, the iQOO Z5 comes with 12GB of LPDDR4x + 2GB of virtual RAM and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G SoC which offers 5% faster performance over its predecessor. The Snapdragon 778G which is built using an 6nm process consists of 1x Kryo 670 (A78) clocked at 2.4GHz, 3x Kryo 670 (A78) clocked at 2.2GHz along with 4x Kryo 670 (A55) clocked 1.9GHz On the other hand, the chipset integrates a Adreno 642L GPU along with a Spectra 570L ISP.
The iQOO Z5 5G offers a slightly larger and improved 120Hz 6.67-inch 1080x2400p LCD display along with an aspect ratio of nearly 20:9 making it good for media consumption. Additionally, the device also features HDR 10+ and 10bit color coverage which help the display to emit much brighter and vibrant colours.
The iQOO Z5 has a 5,000 mAh lithium-ion battery, which is exactly 600mAh larger than the battery found in its predecessor. However, iQOO has limited the charging speed of the device to 44W instead of the 55W found on the Z3.
The camera setup on the iQOO Z5 has not been upgraded at all and features the same triple camera setup found on the iQOO Z3. This includes a 64MP Samsung GW3 primary sensor along with an 8MP ultra-wide and a 2MP macro module. On the other hand, there's a 16MP selfie camera on the front of the device which is housed within a hole punch notch at the top of the screen.
This variant of the iQOO Z5 comes with 256GB of built-in storage which cannot be expanded using a micro SD Card.
Connectivity options on the iQOO Z5 5G include WiFi 802.1, Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth v5.0, along with support for two 5G bands and multiple 4G, 3G, and 2G bands.
iQOO Z5 5G (12GB, 256GB) Specification
- Gaming MobileYes
- Model NumberI2018
- Model NameZ5 5G (12GB, 256GB)
- Also known as0
- SeriesiQOO Z Series
- OS VersionAndroid v11 (R)
- Custom OSFuntouch v12
- CPUSnapdragon 778G
- CPU CoreOcta Core
- GPUAdreno 642L
- Cooling TechnologyLiquid Cooling
- RAM Size12 GB
- RAM Extended0 GB
- RAM TypeLPDDR5
- Internal Storage256 GB
- Storage TypeUFS 3.1
- External Storage0 GB
- Display Size6.67 inch
- Dual-Display Size0 inch
- FeaturesMulti-Touch, Capacitive Touchscreen
- Types Of NotchesPunch Hole Display
- Screen Refresh Rate120 Hz
- Display TypeTouchscreen
- Display Resolution1080 x 2400 Pixels
- Front Display Resolution0 X 0 Pixels
- HD TypeFull HD (FHD)
- Aspect Ratio20 : 9
- Bezel less mobileYes
- Game ControlAir Triggers
- Dimensions164.7 (H) x 76.6 (W) x 8.4 (T) mm
- Weight193 gm
- Device TypeSmartphone
- Rear Camera TypeTriple Camera
- Rear FlashLED
- Rear Hardware FeaturesAutofocus, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF)
- Rear Zoom OptionsDigital Zoom
- Rear Software FeaturesTouch to focus, ISO Control, Body and Face Detection, Auto Flash, AR Stickers, Exposure Compensation, ISOCELL Plus
- Rear Shooting ModesHigh Dynamic Range (HDR), Panorama, Continuos Shooting, Night Mode, Portrait Mode, Time-Lapse, Live Photos, Slow Motion, Dual View Video
- Rear Recording Resolution1920x1080 (1080p HD), 3840x2160 (UHD 4K)
- Rear Frame RateUHD 4K (2160p) @ 30fps, Full HD (1080p) @ 30fps
- Aperturef/ 1.79 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Focal Length26 mm
- Lens TypeWide Angle
- Pixel Size0.7 um
- Rear Megapixels64 MP
- Aperturef/ 2.2 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Focal Length16 mm
- Lens TypeUltra Wide Angle
- Pixel Size1.12 um
- Rear Megapixels8 MP
- Aperturef/ 2.4 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Lens TypeMacro
- Rear Megapixels2 MP
- Front Camera TypeSingle Camera
- Front Software FeaturesAR Stickers
- Front Shooting ModesNight Mode, AI Portrait
- Front Recording Resolution1920x1080 (1080p HD)
- Front Frame RateFull HD (1080p) @ 30fps
- Aperturef/ 2.5 - f/ 0 Aperture
- Front Lens TypeWide Angle
- Front Megapixels16 MP
- Wi-Fi featuresMobile Hotspot
- USB featuresMass Storage Device, USB Charging
- Network5G - 4G LTE - 3G - 2G
- Wi-Fi Version802.11, 802.11, a, 802.11, b, 802.11, g, 802.11, n, 802.11, ac, 802.11, ax
- ConnectivityVoLTE, USB OTG Support, GPRS, EDGE
- LocationGPS, A-GPS (Assisted GPS), Glonass, Galileo
- Charging connectorUSB Type-C
- Jack Connector3.5 mm
- SpeakerLoudspeaker, Dual Speakers
- Video TechnologyHDR 10+
- SIM card slotsDual SIM
- Communication StandardGSM + GSM
- SIM Card1 SizeNano SIM
- SIM Card2 SizeNano SIM
- GSM1900 (band 2)
- LTE (FDD)2100 (band 1)
- LTE (TDD)2600 (band 38)
- NR (FDD)n1
- NR (TDD)n41
- UMTS and WCDMA2100 (band 1)
- Battery TypeLithium Polymer
- Battery Capacity5000 mAh
- Power Adapter44 W
- Reverse Charging0 W
- Quick ChargingYes
- SensorsLight Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Ambient Light Sensor, (Side) Fingerprint Sensor
- In the boxSIM Ejector Tool
- Product Warranty1 Year(s)
- Accessories Warranty6 Months
Frequent Question Of (iQOO Z5 5G (12GB, 256GB))
A: No, the iQOO Z5 doesn't support wireless charging.
A: Yes, the iQOO Z5 supports up to 44W of fast charging speeds.
A: No, the smartphone is not waterproof but iQOO claims that the phone is Splashproof.
A: Yes, the phone does support dual SIM standby with all the 2G, 4G, 3G as well as 5G bands.
A: It has a total of five cameras, one on the front and four on its back.
A: Yes, the iQOO Z5 comes with a 3.5mm jack at the bottom of the device.
A: No you can't use an SD Card to extend the storage.
A: Yes, the smartphone has a full HD display.
A: It's shipped with FuntouchOS based on Android 12 out of the box.
A: The iQOO Z5 5G was first revealed in India on October 3, 2021.
iQOO Z5 5G (12GB, 256GB) Price in India
iQOO Z5 5G (12GB, 256GB) price in India starts from Rs. 26990. The lowest price of iQOO Z5 5G (12GB, 256GB) is Rs. 26990 at Flipkart on 10th Dec 2023. This is 12 GB+256 GB base variant of Xiaomi Redmi 9A which is available in Cyber Grid , Arctic Dawn