OnePlus, a brand once renowned for OxygenOS, will soon be shifting to a Unified OS with OPPO. OxygenOS 12 is based on Android 12 and is the last update to OnePlus devices, after which the smartphones will run on a Unified OS, starting with OnePlus’s flagship devices launching early next year. OnePlus 9 series has finally begun receiving stable OxygenOS 12 updates two months after the company announced Open Beta 1.
OnePlus announced that they have started the rollout of OxygenOS 12 in their Community Forum. Alongside Android 12 features and improvements, OxygenOS 12 comes with “a slew of new features like a new Shelf with new cards and built-in OnePlus Scout, an improved Work-Life Balance mode that is now available to all our users, and a new Canvas AOD experience that opens the door to customization.” Here is the full changelog that highlights all the new features.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers.
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience.
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read.
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment.
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf to easily glance at your health stats.
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings.
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing.
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colours for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals.
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for colour adjustment.
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin colour of different figures.
As we always say, if it is your primary device, wait a few days before updating and let the company iron out any bugs in the software. And, if you’re using it as a secondary device, go ahead, update, and share your feedback with the company.
Let us know your thoughts on the whole “Unified OS” idea and if you are looking forward to OxygenOS 12 on your device. Until then, stay tuned to Oyprice and subscribe to our YouTube channel for regular news and updates.