Updates have not been OnePlus’s strong suit, but the company usually returns every couple of months with the latest security patch. Following last week’s software updates for its legacy devices, OnePlus is now focusing on updating the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and 8T.
The updated software brings improved wireless charging performance as well as fixes a bug that would prevent newly taken photos from being saved in the Gallery app. In addition, network performance has been improved. Meanwhile, the security patch level has also been bumped to May 2021.
A phased rollout will occur for the update. It is being released first to a select group of smartphones and the rest will follow shortly thereafter.
The latest update brings the firmware version number OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 for the OnePlus 8 series is OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 for the OnePlus 8T.
Although the exact size of these updates was not stated by OnePlus, we recommend using a strong Wi-Fi connection when updating your device. You could also check for updates manually by heading over to Settings > System > System updates. You can find the complete changelog mentioned below.
- Improved the wireless charging stability and user experience
- Improved the smoothness while sliding on the home screen
- Fixed the screenshot capturing failure from the accessibility menu
- Fixed the low probability issue that the low battery notification not working
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Fixed the occasional issue that newly captured photos were not saved as expected
- Fixed the abnormal UI display in Guest Mode
- Fixed the occasional issue of opening up the contact card failure
- Fixed the issue that the calling page is not displayed during a call
- Fixed the occasional failure to edit a message
- Improved network performance
That said, do let us know what do you think about the new update by dropping a comment down below.