There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to install Windows 11 on your PC or laptop only to find that your PC doesn’t have the supported specs required to install the update. But what if we told you that there’s still a way to override the system requirements?
With Windows 11 Microsoft has made it compulsory for your PC to have a TPM 2.0 and secure boot enabled to be able to install Windows 11 on your system. However, you might be out of luck if you’re using any Intel CPUs older than 8th Gen.
While there are ways to overcome this issue, none of them are as easy as this trick which includes using a free software tool called Rufus which lets you create bootable USB drives that can be used to install operating systems on to your PC. Here’s how you can use it too:
- Download and Install Rufus onto your PC.
- Insert a blank USB drive into any USB slot on your PC. (It will be formatted).
- Open Rufus and select your USB drive under device.
- Select the ISO image under boot selection.
- Go to Image options and choose “Extended Windows 11 Installation (no TPM/ no Secure Boot)” from the list.
- Press Start and wait for the process to complete.
And that’s pretty much it, once the process is complete you can simply install Windows 11 on to your PC by changing the boot order in the BIOS to a USB and booting off of it.
Meanwhile, you can also download a Windows 11 ISO image using the in-built downloader if you don’t have a stable ISO image already available by following the steps below:
- After opening Rufus, select “Disk or ISO image” option under the Boot selection drop-down list.
- Click on Select and change it to Download.
- Select Windows 11, click on Continue and then choose the edition, language and architecture as per your requirement.
- Now click on download and then follow the aforementioned steps to create a bootable USB drive once the download is completed.
Disclaimer: Proceed with caution! Oyprice or the Author of this article cannot be held responsible for any accidental damage caused to your PC.
Was this guide helpful enough? Let us know down in the comments section. Until then, stay tuned to Oyprice and join us on Telegram, Facebook, or Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings in the world of tech.