So, Carl Pei’s upcoming phone brand, Nothing finally released an Android launcher as a preview of its Nothing OS that will be powering its Nothing Phone (1). However, if we were to go by Nothing’s YouTube video on How to install Nothing Launcher (Beta), the Nothing Launcher will be available to download as a beta preview from Google Play Store and will only run on select devices including the recent Samsung Galaxy and Google Pixel lineup of devices which is a bummer.
But surprisingly enough, we were still able to find a way to get over these software restrictions and test out the new launcher on unsupported devices, and here’s a guide on how we did it and how you too can do it:
- Download the XAPK (Split installation file) of Nothing Launcher beta on your smartphone by visiting this ApkMirror link.
- Next go to Google Play Store and search for APKMirror Installer and download it.
- Once installed, open the APKMirror Installer and accept all the permissions and then tap on Browser files to choose the Nothing Launcher XAPK file from your downloads folder. device.
- Now tap on Install package which takes you to another page where you will need to tap on Install app to start the installation process. (You might need to watch the ad)
- Once completed you will get a prompt saying you have successfully installed the Nothing Launcher on your Android device.
Lastly you will need to enable the launcher manually in the settings app to try it out, which can be done by following these additional steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Default Home
- Select Nothing Launcher and close the settings app
- And viola you have successfully entered the Nothing Launcher
Was this guide helpful enough? Let us know in the comments section below. Until then stay tuned with OyPrice and don’t forget to Join us on Telegram, Facebook, or Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings in the tech industry