Netflix has evolved from being just a video streaming platform into a whole lifestyle. It has become a part and parcel of our daily lives since the term ‘Netflix and Chill’ was coined. Netflix has taken over people’s screens replacing traditional television channels and networks. A wide as well as interesting movie and shows catalog has lured people into switching over to Netflix but still there are times when one is clueless about what to watch on the platform as well as unknown about some features and settings of the platform. Hence, Oyprice is here with a Netflix – How To Series to help you get familiar with the app.
Our topic for today is – How to Stop Netflix Autoplay Trailers. As we all know, Netflix has a feature of automatically playing trailers on the home page after you open it. This, sometimes, causes a ruckus and your data also gets used even if you don’t wish to watch the trailer. At times they may even be helpful, but most of the time they are very annoying. So, through today’s article, Oyprice will show you a trick to how you can turn off this feature. Do keep in mind that this setting will only apply to the specific profile through which you’re making this change, so if you wish for all the other profiles to not have this feature, then you have to do it individually from each of them.
Also See: HOW TO BECOME A NETFLIX BETA TESTER
HOW TO TURN OFF AUTOPLAY
- Open Netflix on your browser
- Log in to your Netflix account
- Select the profile from which you wish to change the setting from
- Click on the arrow at the upper right of the screen
- Select ‘Account’ from the pop-down menu
- Go to the ‘Profile and Parental Controls ‘ section and select the profile from which you wish to change the setting from
- Scroll down and select ‘Playback Settings’
- Uncheck the checkbox against ‘Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices
- Scroll down and click on ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page
Now you no more have to be annoyed by the auto playing trailers anymore!