Apple’s Find My app makes it easy to keep track of your Apple devices. Locate items you’ve attached AirTag to. And keep up with friends and family. It works on iPhone, iPad, and Mac — even if your missing devices are offline without compromising on Privacy.
Apple’s Find My app comes with powerful features like tracing all your devices on a map, playing sounds to find the devices, displaying a message for someone who finds it, and the capability to lock it down or erase the device totally when you think the device has fallen into the wrong hands.
How to turn on Find My for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then tap Find My.
- If you want friends and family to know where you are, turn on Share My Location.
- Tap Find My [device], then turn on Find My [device].
- To see your device even when it’s offline, turn on Find My network.*
- To have the location of your device sent to Apple when the battery is low, turn on Send Last Location.
Make sure that Location Services is turned on. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and turn on Location Services.
How to turn on Find My for your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy, then click the Privacy tab. If the padlock in the lower left is locked, click it, then enter the name and password of the administrator.
- Select Location Services.
- Select the Enable Location Services checkbox, and make sure that the checkbox next to Find My is selected.
- Click Done, then return to the main System Preferences window.
- Click Apple ID, then click iCloud.
- Select the checkbox next to Find My Mac.
- To make sure you can find your Mac if it’s ever lost or stolen, click Options. Check that Find My Mac is On and Find My network is On.* Then click Done.
How to add your AirPods, Apple Watch, AirTag, or Beats product to Find My
If your AirPods, Apple Watch, or supported Beats product are paired with your iPhone, they get automatically set up when you turn on Find My iPhone. Make sure to turn on Location Access for Find My to view accurate location for your AirTag.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find My.
- Check While Using the App and turn on Precise Location.