Gmail is one among many services that Google provides to its users. In this article, we shall talk about how to send folder in Gmail. Whether you are a corporate person or an artist, you are definitely not bereft of its use and advantages. There are a number of ways that help to send folders in Gmail. The steps are so simple that a beginner won’t get problems while sending a folder. Follow the article to figure out the ways that can help you to know how to send folder in Gmail.
But, the steps will vary depending on which device you are using or which way you are considering to send a folder in Gmail.
How to send folder in Gmail?
How to send folder in Gmail on Android smartphone?
Usually while trying to send a folder in Gmail by using an Android device, the user needs a zipping app. There are plenty of zipping apps available on Google Play Store. But in this article, we shall talk about how one can use the WinZip app to send any folder. Read along to know how to do it:
- Go to your Google Play Store and type WinZip.
- After the search result appears, download the above-mentioned app and install it on your android device.
- Once the installation is over, open the zipping tool.
- Locate the folder that you want to send in Gmail. You can locate it in your SD card, Google Drive, phone storage, anywhere you want.
- Then, in Winzip, you will find three vertical dots at the top of the right corner. Tap on that.
- As soon as you click on that, you will find a menu. There will be an option that will help you to zip the folder.
- After clicking on that option, you will need to provide a name for the zip file.
- Tap on OK after that.
- Now, select the three vertical dots like before.
- From here select the option to send a file by email.
- The zip file will go directly to the email window and send the email.
How to send folder in Gmail on iPhone?
Sending a folder in Gmail on iPhone is quite similar to doing the same on Android smartphones. The interface might look different but the steps will be pretty similar.
- Download WinZip on your phone.
- Install the app on your device.
- Open the zipping tool after the installation.
- Locate the folder that you want to send in Gmail wherever you want. Just make sure you remember the location.
- You will find three vertical dots at the top of the right corner of WinZip. Tap on that.
- After clicking on the dots, a menu will appear with multiple options. One of the options will be there to help you to zip the file that you want to send.
- Now, provide a name for the zip file.
- Click on OK.
- Now, select the three vertical dots as you have done before.
- Select any option of your choice to send the file.
- And, lastly, send the email.
How to send folder in Gmail on laptop?
Every laptop provides the benefit of compressing a file. You can first compress the file and send it in Gmail by following some simple steps. But to know how to send folder in Gmail, and especially if you want to do it on a laptop, then we have mentioned the steps to compress a file as well. Read along to know how to do it.
- First, take your cursor to the folder you want to compress and right click on that.
- Now, go to the “Send to” option.
- From there, you need to select the “Compress folder” .
- After the process is over, a new zip file will be created in the same folder.
- Press the Ctrl key to select multiple folders.
- Now, to Gmail and compose your email.
- Click on “Attach files” that you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- It will take you to your File manager. Select your compressed file from there and send it.
How to send folder in Gmail without Zip?
You can upload your folder to Google Drive to send it in Gmail.
- Open Chrome on your desktop.
- Now, go to Google Drive.
- Once you click on that, you will see the Google Drive interface.
- Here, you will find the “New” option at the top left corner of the screen. Click on that.
- It will open a Menu. Select “Folder Upload” from there.
- After you select the previous option, the system will redirect you to your File Explorer.
- Now, select the folder that you want to send to Google Drive and click “Open”.
- Go to Gmail and open the compose window.
- Here, you will find an option called “Insert files using Drive”. Toggle on that option.
- Now, select the folder you want to send and click on the “Insert” button.
- If you want to select multiple folders, you can press the Ctrl key.
- You will have two options: “Share and send” and “Send without sharing” . Select as you want.
- And then send the folder in Gmail.