PDFs are, unfortunately, a necessary evil that we face in our personal and professional lives. But with modern technology, there is no need to bust out on a scanner to digitize your documents.
Now, an application on your smartphone will accomplish this annoying task with very little hassle, whether the document you are working with is in front of you, or a photo of a document stored in your device, in this post we will teach you how to scan and convert photo to PDF using your smartphone for getting the job done.
Here is how you can do it:
- Download a scanner application on your device.
For just a tutorial purpose, we are using Adobe Scanner but any of the applications for the list mentioned above will do the work just fine.
We choose Adobe Scanner because, it is easy to use, and it has features like OCR( Optical Character Recognition) which turns scanned documents into searchable, Copy-able text, users can also work with the images they already have.
- After you have downloaded the application, open the app and sign in with the option suits you the best.
- Then simply tap on “continue”
- Your device will ask to Grant it the permission it requires to function, click on allow.
- Once that is done, you will be presented with a camera viewfinder.
- You can scroll left or right to select between types of documents you want to scan.
- Then simply take your device on the document
- The application will automatically scan and capture the document, once it’s in the frame.
- Can adjust the photo by using the for dots on each corner, If you are satisfied with the quality of the photo, click continue ( or else click Retake).
- You can take multiple images, and you can also add images that are already stored in your device by clicking “Add Page”.
- If you want to add photos from your Phone gallery, click on “select from Photos”.
- Click “Allow” to grant the app permission to access the photos.
- Select the photo that you want to add to the PDF.
- You can also edit your photos by tools provided in the app.
- You can rename your PDF by clicking the pen icon.
- Once you are done with adding and editing the photos, click “Save PDF” on the top left corner.
- Click on “more”.
- Click on “copy to device” to save the PDF on your device.
Congratulation, You have now successfully Scanned and Converted a Photo into a PDF 🙂