The Samsung Galaxy tab 2 is quite an old tablet. That’s why there is a possibility for numerous reasons that you want to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy tab 2. That’s why in this article we will talk about How to reset Samsung tab 2 to factory settings. Apart from that if you’re thinking about selling your old Samsung Galaxy tab 2 in that case also you will have to apply factory data reset in order to erase all your data from the tablet.
How to reset Samsung tab 2 to factory settings?
How to reset Samsung tab 2 to factory settings with a hard reset?
- first of all press and hold the power button.
- Then tap on the power off option and tap on OK.
- If your screen is not responding properly in that case you can press and hold the power button and volume up button at the same time for 10 to 15 seconds.
- After that when the Samsung logo appears on the screen leave the volume up and power button.
- After that the Android system recovery screen will be available on your display use the volume rocker to go up and down and the power button to select an option.
- Now select the wipe data or factory data reset option with the help of volume buttons and power key.
- After that, a confirmation pop-up will appear select Yes with the help of volume buttons and press the power button to delete all the user data.
- After that following the same technique you will have to select the Reboot system now option.
Users should keep in mind that factory data reset and rebooting of your tablet might take some time.
Note: Users should think twice before applying factory data reset on their Samsung Galaxy tab 2 tablet as it will delete all of their data which includes contacts, email accounts, app data, app settings, downloaded apps, media, etc. It will also remove any kind of PIN, or pattern that you have applied on your tablet.
If you don’t want to apply the hard reset then you can use the soft reset method. Unlike hard reset in the soft reset, users will not have to take backup as it will not erase any of their data. So here is our guide on How to reset Samsung tab 2 to factory settings with a soft reset.
How to reset Samsung tab 2 to factory settings with a soft reset?
If your tablet isn’t working properly but is still responsive, this should be your first point of call. It’s as simple as restarting your computer the equivalent of ‘turning it off and on again with the power button. The best part about the soft reset is that all your data and preferences will stay intact.