In the wake of a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases, India’s government has declared phase 3 of its vaccination campaign. Beginning May 1, all people over the age of 18 will be eligible for vaccination. Only people over the age of 45 are currently permitted to receive the vaccine. India has the second-highest number of new cases in the world, with 2.94 lakhs. Before going to the hospital and having their first injection, users must first register for the vaccine online.
Phase 3 will begin on May 1, according to MyGovIndia, and vaccination registrations will begin soon via the CoWIN platform and the Aarogya Setu app. The CoWIN website does not have an app, and registrations are only possible via the website. To get the ball rolling ahead of May 1, the government is likely to open registrations before then. The registration process is only limited to users over the age of 45 at the time of writing, but it will be extended to all users over the age of 18 soon.
How to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine online?
Users can register for the vaccine via the CoWIN portal and the Aargya Setu app once the registration process for phase 3 begins. Covaxin, produced by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech, and Covishield, developed by Oxford-AstraZeneca and manufactured by the Serum Institute of India, are the two COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the vaccination campaign (SII). With the aid of our guide, users can locate nearby vaccination clinics. Follow the measures outlined below to register.
Step-by-Step Registration Process through CoWIN portal:
- Go to the CoWIN website and select the Register/Sign in Yourself option.
- Enter your phone number and press the Get OTP button. Your phone should receive an OTP. On the website, enter the digits and press Verify.
- Fill out all of the information on the Register for Vaccination tab, including photo ID evidence, name, gender, and birth year. Go to Register.
- Once the registration process is completed, you’ll be given the option to schedule an appointment. To do so, click Schedule next to the name of the person you’ve registered.
- Enter your pin code and press the Search button. The pin code’s centers will appear; pick the date and time, then press Confirm.
- Via a single username, you can add up to four members. It’s simple to change your appointment time; the same as the scheduling process.
Step-by-Step Registration Process through Aarogya Setu app:
- To get started, go to the Aarogya Setu app > On the home screen, select the CoWIN tab.
- Select Vaccination Registration from the drop-down menu. Enter your phone number here > Enter your OTP.
- Click on Verify > You’ll be taken to the Vaccination Registration tab.
- Repeat the steps outlined in the ‘Process for registering through the CoWIN portal’ guide.
The vaccine must be administered twice to each resident. The second dose of Covaxin should be taken between 28 and 42 days after the first dose, according to the CoWIN portal. Between 28 and 56 days after the first dose, the second dose of Covishield should be taken.