Netflix has evolved from being just a video streaming platform into a whole lifestyle. It has become a part and parcel of our daily lives since the term ‘Netflix and Chill’ was coined. Netflix has taken over people’s screens replacing traditional television channels and networks. A wide as well as interesting movie and shows catalog has lured people into switching over to Netflix but still there are times when one is clueless about what to watch on the platform as well as unknown about some features and settings of the platform. Hence, Oyprice is here with a Netflix – How To Series to help you get familiar with the app.
Our topic for today is – How to Lock Your Netflix Profile. As we all know, Netflix has the option to create multiple profiles (up to 5) within a single account. Different people can use different profiles to watch their preferred shows and movies. This also helps an individual to get recommendations and suggestions of his choice of genre. However, there are times when you find other profile owners snooping into your profile or using it. This can be a problem since it can mess up your recommendations or if you simply prefer some privacy regarding what you view on Netflix. Hence, through this article, we’ll teach you how you can avoid this by adding a lock to your Netflix profile so that only you can access it.
Note: This cannot be done through the Netflix app on your phone
Also See: HOW TO ACCESS THE SECRET MENU ON NETFLIX
HOW TO ADD PIN
- Open Netflix on your browser
- Log in to your Netflix account
- Select the profile to which you wish to add the pin
- Click on the arrow at the upper right of the screen
- Select ‘Account’ from the pop-down menu
- Go to the ‘Profile and Parental Controls ‘ section and select the profile to which you wish to add the pin
- Scroll down and select ‘Change’ against the ‘Profile Lock’ option
- Confirm your existing account password
- Select the checkbox against ‘Require a PIN to access (XYZ)’s profile ‘
- Enter the PIN of your choice
- Click on ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page
Now the next time you access your profile, you will be asked to enter this PIN and no one except you can see or access your Netflix profile.