Netflix is a popular subscription-based video streaming service that allows users to watch a wide range of documentaries, movies, and shows on a number of devices. It enables users to watch movies and TV shows in ways that the traditional remote control system cannot. Netflix subscribers have access to unlimited viewing at any time and from any location.
If you’re a Netflix subscriber, you’re probably used to sharing your Netflix ID and password with multiple people. One Netflix account is frequently seen being shared with multiple other users, and this is a ritual we humans follow in order to avoid the substantial subscriber fee levied by the popular OTT platform.
This is when keeping things private becomes a little more difficult. However, if you want to restrict access to a specific profile on your account, you can use a Profile Lock PIN to do so. Here’s a step-by-step guide to locking as well as unlocking Netflix profiles. Before you proceed, keep in mind that some devices, cannot be updated with new features such as Profile Lock PINs
Also Read: How to Block Movies and TV shows on Netflix
How to Lock Your Netflix Profile?
- Navigate to your Account page in a web browser.
- Go to the Profile & Parental Controls settings for the profile you wish to lock.
- Modify the Profile Lock option.
- Enter the password for your Netflix account.
- Select the box that says Require a PIN to access the selected profile.
How to Unlock a Netflix Account
- Uncheck the box to remove the PIN requirement.
- Create your Profile Lock PIN by entering four numbers. Unless you’re using an unsupported device, you’ll need to enter this PIN to access the profile or play titles downloaded from it.
- Select Require PIN to add new profiles if you want to require a PIN every time a new profile is added to your account.
- This option is available only after you have created a Profile Lock PIN for the main account profile.
- Finally, select the submit option and you’re done!
Thank you for sticking with us all the way to the end of this article! Hopefully, it was helpful. Stay tuned to our page by subscribing to our newsletter down below, and don’t forget to join our telegram channel for regular news and updates.