Facebook is the largest social media platform used all over the world. With Facebook, we can make friends, share our memory, photos, videos, etc. But today the rate of cybercrime is also increasing rapidly, and if you are concerned about your privacy in the online world then you should definitely know about locking up your Facebook profile. If you have locked your profile on Facebook then only your friends on Facebook will be able to see your profile. If you are wondering how to lock Facebook profile, then don’t worry. In this article, we have mentioned a step-by-step guide on how to lock Facebook profile.
How to lock Facebook profile from your desktop?
- Open Facebook on your desktop and log in with your credentials.
- Click on your profile name situated at the top right corner.
- Once you have opened your profile you will see a “three-dot icon” right beside edit your profile button click on that.
- Now you will see a menu, select the “Lock profile” option from that.
- After that, you will see a kind of confirmation message with all the information regarding locking up your profile, click on the “Lock your profile” button.
- Now a confirmation message will show up, click on the “Ok” button, and it’s done! you have successfully locked your Facebook profile.
How to lock Facebook profile with your smartphone?
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- In the app at the top right corner you will see a “hamburger icon” tap on that.
- Now tap on your profile.
- Just beneath your profile photo you will see a “three-dot icon” beside edit your profile option tap on that.
- Now a profile settings page will appear, select the “Lock profile” option from the menu.
- Now again you will have to tap on the “Lock your profile” option.
- Tap on “OK” and it’s done! you have successfully locked your profile.