UNA stands for Universal Account Number allotted by EPFO. It is a 12-digit identification number assigned to both the employee and the employer. The Ministry of Labour and Employment issues the number. Assigned to the employer and employee, this number stays constant throughout all the active years. If an employee changes their job, the UAN number stays the same. But the employee can place a request to the EPFO for acquiring a new member ID number. All these might sound a little complicated for the newly appointed employees to understand the significance of a UAN number and how to generate this. In this article, we will talk about how to know UAN number.
Nevertheless, the Ministry of Labour and Employment has always been inclined to help the users with the best ways to solve any matter regarding the generation of UAN numbers. It has discovered many ways to know how to generate UAN numbers. So today, we shall discuss some of the ways that will help the user know the UAN number. In order to know about how to know UAN number follow the steps mentioned bellow:
How to know UAN number via a website?
In the case of your first employment, your employer is not likely to inform you about your UAN number. However, you can always keep track of your UAN number from your salary slip. It is noticeable by the deduction in your salary for PF contributions. But UAN number can also be known with the help of a website. We advise you to follow the steps mentioned below to know your UAN number.
- Log on to the UAN portal.
- After the successful login, tap on the ‘Know Your UAN Status’ button.
- You are required to provide your name, date of birth, mobile number, and captcha code when needed.
- Now, you have to fill out a form by providing some basic details like Aadhaar number, PAN number, PF number or member ID, etc.
- Fill up the required details and then you will find a dropdown menu. Tap on that.
- Once you click on the dropdown menu, you need to choose your state and EPFO office from there.
- After filling up the form, click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- The system will send you a PIN number on your registered mobile number instantly.
- Now, enter the PIN and tap on ‘Validate OTP’.
- You will discover the UAN button. Toggle on that.
- As soon as you click on the previously-mentioned button, your UAN number will be sent to you via SMS on your mobile number.
You can also contact your company’s HR to find out about your UAN. Or, it is also advised that you can give a missed call to 011-22901406 to know your UAN via SMS.
ALSO READ: How To Use UAN To File An E-nomination Online? Step-By-Step Guide | OyPrice
Join us on Telegram, Facebook, or Twitter and stay up to date with the latest happenings in the tech industry.