You may have images on your iPhone that you don’t want to delete right away, but you don’t want them to appear in your Photo Library for whatever (privacy) reason. You don’t need any third-party apps to hide any of those photos on your iPhone. Apple has a built-in feature that allows you to conceal images on your iPhone. You can use this option to ensure that your photos are not accessible to everyone who visits your Photo Library.
Apple allows users to conceal photos from their Photo Library for a long time. The concealed photographs, however, were part of a ‘Hidden’ album that was still available in the Photos app’s Albums. Without the use of third-party applications, iPhone allows you to totally hide images in your gallery. Here’s how to go about it.
How to Hide Your Photos in iPhone Without Third-Party Apps
Make sure your iPhone is running at least iOS 14 before beginning the instructions on how to hide photos in your iPhone without using third-party software. It’s also worth noting that on iOS, the secret album is turned on by default. However, you can disable it by following the steps below. You can also use the same procedures to hide movies as you did for images.
- On your iPhone, open the Photos app.
- Choose the photo or video that you want to conceal. By selecting the Select button in the top-right corner of the screen, you can select numerous photographs or videos.
- Select Hide from the menu after tapping the Share button.
- Confirm that you wish to conceal the photo(s) or video(s) you’ve chosen (s).
- Go to Settings and then to Photos.
- Turn off the Hidden Album option by scrolling down.
Also Read: How to Block Messages/Spam Text on iPhone
To see the folder in the Photos app, repeat steps 5 and 6 and turn on the Hidden Album option again. It’s worth noting that any photographs or videos you hide could end up on third-party apps. The processes for hiding and unhiding images on an iPad can also be followed on iPadOS.
Thank you for sticking with us all the way to the end of this article! Stay tuned to Oyprice and subscribe to our YouTube channel. And don’t forget to join our telegram channel for regular news and updates.