Instagram was launched as a photo-sharing app, but lately, it has become so much more. Today most of our youth talk with each other on Instagram. In this article, we will talk about how to hide messages on Instagram. Chatting on Instagram has become quite fun as users can set different themes and share posts, stories, and reels with each other easily. Apart from that, users can also share automatically disappearing photo, which gets deleted once the receiver has opened it.
As more and more people are using Instagram messages, they are searching for ways to hide some of their chats. However, it is pretty easy to hide messages on Instagram. If you are looking for how to hide messages on Instagram, then look no further, as here is our step-by-step guide on how to hide messages on Instagram.
How to hide messages on Instagram?
Unfortunately, regular Instagram users do not have the option to hide messages in their inboxes. You can, however, long press on a message thread to delete it or mute it to stop receiving notifications. However, there are some workarounds that you can try to hide messages on Instagram.
How to hide messages on Instagram without deleting them on Android smartphones?
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your Android smartphone.
- Now open your profile and tap on the hamburger icon situated at the top right corner.
- After that, select the settings option.
- Now select the Account option from the menu.
- Now, select the switch account type option.
- After that, switch to a business account.
- Once done, go to the messages section on Instagram and select the chat you want to hide.
- After that, tap on the Move to General option.
- Return to Settings and select the personal Account to hide your sensitive messages.
To unhide hide these messages on Instagram, You’ll need to go back to your business account and move that chat from “general” to “main.” You can then return to your secret conversations.
How to hide messages on Instagram without deleting them on your iPhone?
- To begin, open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Now press the hamburger icon in the upper right corner.
- After that, go to settings and select Account.
- Select the option to switch account types now.
- Switch to a business account after that.
- After that, navigate to Instagram’s communications section and pick the chat you want to hide.
- Then select the Move to General option.
- To hide your sensitive messages, go back to Settings and pick the personal Account.
You’ll need to go back to your company account and move that chat from “general” to “primary” to unhide these messages on Instagram. After that, you can return to your secret conversations.
How to hide messages on Instagram with the help of vanish mode?
As you already know, there is no official way to hide Instagram messages. That’s why we can use the vanish mode as a workaround. Follow the steps mentioned below to know more about how to hide messages on Instagram with the help of vanish mode.
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your Android smartphone or iPhone.
- After that, go to the messages section and select the chat you want to hide.
- Now, swipe up to turn on the vanish mode.
- And it’s done! All the messages you will send or receive in that chat will disappear once the other person reads them.
Note: Although users should keep in mind users involved in that particular chat can still take screenshots and report messages. You can not go back to your hidden messages as Instagram deletes all the messages, GIFs, and photos sent in vanish mode. However, you can turn off the vanish mode by swiping up again in that chat.