We usually don’t like to openly show every little detail of our computer to anybody, whether it’s our photos or documents. The same principle should apply to the folders you have created to store personal information. In this article, we will talk about how to hide a folder in Windows 10. Many people are not very good at maintaining secrecy with their private information, while most are always willing to keep them as protected as possible.
You may have some images, documents, writings, or reports that you may not want to be visible to everybody, and you do not want to delete them either. That information can be hidden in your computer by making a folder and hiding it. Windows 10 has provided its users with the opportunity through which you can easily ensure that their information is safe from any surveillance. Here is our guide on how to hide folder in Windows 10.
How to Hide Folder in Windows 10 Using File Explorer?
- Open your laptop or PC.
- Tap on the ‘Start’ button and search for ‘File Explorer.’ Tap on it.
- Now, you need to tap on the ‘This PC’ icon, or if you have saved ‘This PC’ on the home screen of your computer, then double click on the ‘This PC’ icon.
- You need to navigate to the file or folder you wish to hide by clicking on the drive name.
- Once you find the file you need to hide, right-click on that.
- You will discover many options.
- There will be an option called ‘Properties’ among them. Toggle on that.
- After clicking on the ‘Properties’ option, you will find a ‘Hidden’ option under the attributes.
- Now, click on ‘Apply.’
- Select the ‘Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files’ option if your folder possesses files or subfolders.
- Once you select the option, tap on ‘OK.’
- The system will show you another confirmation box showing two buttons called ‘OK’ and ‘Cancel.’
- Click Ok to complete your task.
Note: Users should keep in mind that a hidden folder can be restored and visible to anyone. Hiding the folder does not mean it will stay hidden forever. Windows 10 also provides the necessary opportunity to convert them from being hidden.