Each new generation of Pixel phones brings something new to the cameras. This time too, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro were released with a new set of cameras and a pretty-useful Magic Eraser tool. The new photo-editing tool was announced as an exclusive feature for the Pixel 6 series, which can remove objects or background elements from an image.
Soon after the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro reached people’s hands, the exclusive tag for the Magic Eraser tool lost its meaning, as users were able to use the new tool on other Pixel phones.
Google says that the new Tensor chip in the Pixel 6 phone allows the device to take benefit of features that other phones can’t. And, one of them is the Magic Eraser tool. Now, it appears that the tool does not require Tensor SoC, as other Pixel phones with Qualcomm SoC can also run this tool.
To use the Magic Eraser tool on other Pixel phones, simply sideload the latest Google Photos app from Google Pixel 6 on your Pixel phone. According to a report from AndroidPolice, the tool is working fine on other Pixel phones running Android 12. So, make sure that your pixel has been upgraded to Android 12 and then start using the Magic Eraser tool, the so-called Google Pixel 6 exclusive feature.
Steps to Get Magic Eraser on Any Pixel Phone Running Android 12
- Download the Google Photos Apk (It’s extracted from Google Pixel 6, so you need to download this)
- Download the Split APKs Installer (SAI) application from the Google Play Store
- Open the SAI app, and tap on “Install APKs” button, and then tap on “System file picker”. Allow the app to access files on the device
- Now, select the Google Photos Apk, which you just downloaded in the first step. (Usually located inside the Downloads folder)
- Tap on the Install button
- Since you are installing this app outside of Google Play Store, you will need to allow the SAI app to install unknown apps.
- Tap on “Update” and you are done.