Positive cases of COVID-19 are on the rise again in India and effective vaccination is more important than ever. The government is currently in the third phase of vaccination and has approved the use of photos for all citizens over the age of 45. In private hospitals, the vaccine against COVID-19 costs Rs. 250, while public hospitals offer it for free. There are two types of vaccines that have been approved in India – Covaxin, and Covishield. To find the nearest vaccination center, eligible citizens can visit the CoWIN portal or the MapMyIndia website.
Covishield and Covaxin are used in India as part of the current vaccination campaign. Covaxin was developed by Bharat Biotech of Hyderabad in collaboration with the Indian Medical Research Council (ICMR) and the National Institute of Virology (NIV). Covishield, on the other hand, was developed by Oxford-AstraZeneca and produced by the Serum Institute of India (SII). Users can find the nearest COVID-19 vaccination center on the CoWIN portal or the MapMyIndia website.
Steps to find the nearest vaccine centers
1 Visit cowin.gov.in. Scroll to the homepage and look for the tab Find your nearest vaccination center.
2. Go to the section where India’s Map is embedded and you can scroll through your region to see vaccination centers there.
3. To find a more detailed search, tap your current location on the tab next to the map and press Go. You can also enter your PINCODE to find all vaccination centers in this area.
4. The list includes the names of the hospitals and vaccination centers in your area. It gives you the full address of the center and has a Get Directions button which opens instructions on how to get there on the MapMyIndia portal.
5. You can also open the MapmyIndia web portal or download the MapmyIndia Move application.
6. Register to access all website functions. Once logged in, tap your current location in the search field or enter your address, your place name, or your desired eLoc. eLoc is a 6 digit digital address for every location in India – an accurate PIN code that sets the threshold for each location.
7. Click the Vaccination Center option in the menu on the left. The platform provides a list of options near and far from your location. The address is marked with the injection logo on the card, indicating that it is a registered vaccination center.
8. Click Get Directions for additional details of turn-by-turn directions and real-time navigation to this vaccine center.