We now live in a world where screen sizes of devices are getting larger and larger every day, with many of the recent Apple devices such as the iPad Pro having a huge screen that measures almost 13-inches when measured diagonally.
This no doubt makes the iPad Pro great for note-taking, only if you’re using the Apple Pencil, if you’ve ever tried typing on such a huge screen with your hands you will know how time-consuming it could get if you’re not sitting at a desk. However, to overcome this issue, Apple offers a nifty split keyboard layout option which can be accessed by following the steps listed below:
Step 1: Enabling Split Keyboard in Settings
Firstly, you need to make sure that the split keyboard is enabled in settings.
- To enable it, head to Settings on your iPad
- In settings tap on General.
- Now in General, tap on the keyboard and check if the split keyboard toggle is enabled.
- If it’s not on tap on the toggle to turn it on.
Step 2: Accessing & Using Split Keyboard on iPad
Once enabled in settings, you can access and start typing with the split keyboard by following these steps:
- Open the keyboard in any place you want to start typing.
- Once the normal keyboard appears on the screen, long tap on the keyboard with a down arrow button which is placed on the bottom right corner of the keyboard.
- This opens a small hidden menu that offers two–Split and Undock options which can be picked by swiping up and down on it.
- Swipe up on Split and once it turns blue lift your finger and you’ve now enabled the split keyboard.
- You can also turn it off by following the same steps and selecting the Dock & Merge option.
Was this guide helpful enough? Let us know in the comments section below. Until then stay tuned with OyPrice and don’t forget to join us on Telegram, Twitter, or Facebook to stay up to date with the latest tech news and in-depth guides like this.