If you want to send hilarious GIFs to your friends in texts or emails, save a few favorites on your phone to utilize in future conversations with your friends. Here is your guide on how to download GIF from Google. Animated GIFs have existed since the 1980s, according to Wikipedia. They were overused a lot in the early days of the Internet, and their popularity dwindled. Thanks to social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, their use has recently increased.
Although there are tons of apps and websites available which allow you to download GIFs on your smartphone, if you are someone who is not comfortable with downloading third-party apps on your smartphone just to get GIFs, then this guide is for you. As we have mentioned, a step-by-step guide on how to download GIF from Google.
How to download GIF from Google?
How to download GIF from Google on an Android smartphone?
- First of all, open the web browser on your smartphone.
- Then, open the Google images.
- Now, search for the GIF you wanted to download in Google images.
- After that, you will have multiple options on your screen; select the one you want to download.
- Now, long tap on that GIF, then a new pop-up menu will appear.
- Select the Download as an image option.
- And it’s done! Now you have successfully downloaded GIFs from Google on your Android smartphone.
Although users should keep in mind that this process might not work with every GIF that is available on Google images, in that situation, you can go to the website on which that GIF is available. It is pretty easy to go to that website as you have to tap on that GIF again after it’s open on Google Images. On that particular website, you will be able to download that GIF on your android smartphone. The downloaded GIF will be available on your smartphone’s gallery or in the download section of your Android smartphone.
How to download GIF from Google on iPhone?
- First of all, open the browser on your iPhone and search for a GIF in Google images.
- Once you have found the GIF you want to download, tap on it to open it up.
- After that long tap on that GIF, a new pop-up menu will show up.
- Here, tap on the “Save Image” option.
- And it’s done! Now you have successfully downloaded a GIF from Google on your iPhone.
However, users should keep in mind that this procedure may not work with every GIF available on Google Images. In that case, you can browse the website where that GIF is hosted. After that, you can find the downloaded GIF on your iPhone in the “Photos” section.
How to download GIF from Google on PC?
It is pretty easy to download a GIF on your Windows PC. However, if you are struggling to download GIFs on your windows PC, then here is your complete step-by-step guide on how to download GIF from Google on PC.
- First of all, open the web browser on your Windows PC.
- Then, open the Google images.
- Now, search for the GIF you want to download.
- Once you have found the one you want to download, click on it to open it up in Google images.
Now, click on that GIF and click on the “Save as an Image” option.
- Now, the GIF will get downloaded on your Windows PC.
Users should be aware that this approach may not work with all GIFs available on Google Images. In that situation, you can visit the website that hosts the GIF. This is an easy task if you are on a Windows PC as you have to open another tab.
How to download GIF from Google on Mac?
On your Mac, downloading a GIF is simple. If you’re having trouble downloading GIFs on your Mac, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download GIFs from Google on Mac.
- To begin, launch your Mac’s web browser.
- After that, go to Google Images.
- Now, look for the GIF you want to save.
- Once you’ve located the one you want to save, click it to open it in Google Images.
- Right-click the GIF and select “Save as an Image” from the menu.
- The GIF is now being downloaded to your Mac.
This method may not work with all GIFs on Google Images. You can then go to the GIF’s host website. If you’re using a Mac, this is a simple procedure that requires only opening a new tab.
Apart from the methods mentioned above, you can also open the other third-party websites dedicated to GIFs. One such popular website for downloading GIFs is GIPHY. Apart from the website, GIPHY is also available as an app for both Android and iOS.