Today most of our online transactions are happing via Google Pay. It is one of the most used UPI payments apps in India. But a time might come when you switch over to some other app. This article will talk about how to delete Google Pay account. It is essential to delete your Google Pay app if you have switched to or switched to another app, as Google Pay contains lots of sensitive information about you and your bank account. It’s easy to delete the Google Pay Account; here’s how to do it.
How to Delete Google Pay Account?
Users should keep in mind that deleting or uninstalling the Google Pay app from your Android smartphone or iPhone is not enough, as all your data stays there. That’s why it is essential to delete your Google Pay account. It is not possible to delete your Google Pay account from your app on an Android smartphone or iPhone. To delete your Google Pay account, you will have to log in via your Windows or Mac. Follow the step-by-step guide on how to delete Google Pay Account mentioned below:
How to delete Google Pay account on Windows or Mac?
First, you will have to log in to your Google account, then go to the Google Pay home page.
- After that, click on the Settings option at the top right corner.
- Now scroll down on the settings page and select the “Close payments profile” option.
- After that, a new pop-up window will appear where you will have to give a reason behind deleting your Google Pay account.
- Then click on the “Continue” option.
- To confirm your selections, go to the next page and click “Close payments profile.”
If you are not sure about deleting your Google Pay account, you can go with an alternative where all your account details will get deleted, such as credit card or bank account info, but your account will stay active, which you can use later if you change your mind.