Are you looking for a way to delete or deactivate your Instagram account? This is a one-of-a-kind item for you. Are you bored of Instagram? or do you think Instagram is a waste of time? You may want to deactivate or remove your Instagram account for a variety of reasons. Instagram, like Facebook and other social media platforms, offers you the option of deactivating or deleting your account. Deactivating your Instagram account will make it stop functioning temporarily while deleting it will delete your profile, images, videos, comments, likes, and followers forever. Just delete your Instagram account if you’ve decided to move on completely. There is no way to restore an account that has been deleted.
How to deactivate your Instagram account: step-by-step guide
To temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, follow these steps. It’s important to note that this can only be achieved through a web browser because the Instagram app doesn’t support it.
- From a mobile browser or a device, go to https://instagram.com and log in with the Instagram ID you want to deactivate.
- From the top-right corner, tap or click your profile icon, then select ‘Profile.’
- From the following screen, choose the ‘Edit Profile’ option and scroll down until you see the ‘Temporarily disable my account’ option.
- Instagram will show you a page with a drop-down menu next to ‘Why are you disabling your account?’ after you tap or click the disable icon. You must choose a choice from the menu before re-entering your password. Made a second account, Can’t find people to follow, Worried about my information, Just need a break, Privacy issues, and so on are all choices in the drop-down menu. I’m too busy/distracting, and I’d like to get rid of something. If you don’t want to specify the reason for temporary deactivation, you can choose Something else.
- To temporarily disable your Instagram account, tap or click the ‘Temporarily Disable Account’ button.
Your Instagram account will then be deactivated. Simply signing back in with your credentials would reactivate it. Your profile, pictures, comments, and likes will be hidden until your Instagram account is reactivated. Finally, your Instagram account can only be deactivated once a week.
How to delete your Instagram account: step-by-step guide
Your best chance for a long-term solution is to uninstall your Instagram account. This can also be achieved via a web browser instead of the Instagram app.
- To permanently delete your Instagram account, go to the Delete Your Account page and log in.
- Next to the question, “Why are you deleting your account?” select a choice from the drop-down menu. The choices are close to deactivating an Instagram account, such as Too many advertisements, privacy concerns, Concerned about the protection of my information, I made a second account, I’m having trouble getting started, I’d like to remove something, and I’m having trouble finding people to follow.
- Hit the ‘Permanently delete my account’ option from the bottom of the screen after entering the password.
All of your Instagram photos, comments, likes, and followers will be permanently deleted. As previously mentioned, you will not be able to restore your Instagram account if you choose to delete it. You can download a copy of your information from Instagram if you want to save your pictures and posts before deleting the account. To do so, go to your profile –> Settings –> Access Data –> and View It all by clicking your profile picture in the bottom right corner.