We all use Instagram every day for hours and hours. as it is one of the most widely used social networking platforms around the globe. But at the same time, Instagram is also one of the most addicting social networking platforms also. You can always delete or deactivate your Instagram account if you want to reduce your Instagram usage. Let’s understand the difference between deleting and deactivating your account. Deactivating your Instagram account is temporary and allows you to reactivate it later, however deleting it is permanent.
You’ll need to use a desktop web browser or a web browser on your smartphone to delete or deactivate your Instagram account. As Instagram doesn’t allow its users to delete or deactivate their accounts from their smartphone apps.
How to deactivate Instagram account permanently?
- Go to instagram.com and log in to your account.
- Now click on your profile picture and then go to settings.
- Now scroll down and on the left side click on the help button.
- Here click on the topmost button Help center.
- Now a new page opens and here click on Manage your account and then here click on Delete your Account.
- And now on the right side click on “How do I delete my Instagram account?”
- Scroll down and now click on “Delete your account”.
- Now choose the reason for deleting your Instagram account on the below side type your Instagram Password and click on Delete Account.
How to deactivate Instagram account temporarily?
If you wish to regain your Instagram account later, in that case, you should temporarily disable it. This feature buries your Instagram account from public view while allowing you to restore it at any time.
- Go to your profile page after logging into your Instagram account on the web.
- After that click on the Edit profile option situated at the top of the page.
- Select Temporarily disable my account at the bottom of the page that shows up.
- Now re-enter your password after selecting a reason for disabling your account.
- Next, select the option “Temporarily Disable Account”.
Note: Users will just need to go back into the Instagram app with their username and password to reactivate their accounts in the future.