If you have a Jio router in your house and do not have an active Jio fiber active connection. I had an active Jio fiber connection. I canceled my connection after the end of the Free trial, The company denied a full refund saying that the refund is only possible only if you cancel it before the trial period ends. So, I would be eligible for a refund of Rs. 500 only after returning the router. I thought, why not forget the Rs. 500 and use the router as an extender. After seeing so many people fail miserably, After some trials and error, I finally succeed in doing so.
PS: It only works when someone who is not using Jio Fibre and must have an active internet connection from any other Internet Service Provider and the Jio Fibre router is required.
- Reset the router to factory settings.
- Use the SSID and password to connect. SSID will the default one mentioned on the back panel of the router.
- Connect the router via WiFi and visit 192.168.28.1.
- Enter the Credentials for the admin: Jiocentrum.
- Connect the LAN port of your Internet Service Provider to the First LAN of the Jio router.
- Open the LAN settings of the Jio router and then disable DHCP and assign a static IP address of the same subnet of your router. I assigned 192.168.1.150 as the static IP address.
Now, you can access your admin page of the Jio router on 192.168.1.150.
Also, disable IPv6. I know the Jio router has some problem with IPv6. So, I have not tried to enable IPv6.
7) Go to the Available VLANs Tab and add a new VLAN 2 in your system.
8) Visit VLAN Membership, and for VLANs 2-4 select Default VLAN association as 2nd and select VLAN members 1st & 2nd for all the VLANs.
Without disabling VLANs 2-4 or assigning them to a different VLAN, the internet doesn’t work. If you disable other VLANs, you may not be able to connect devices via the LAN port (WiFi works though) Weird, but it works.
8) Goto security and disable everything on both the tabs.
9) Restart the router and connect via 192.168.1.150 and you are all set to go.
For more news and updates subscribe to our Newsletter below.