As it is well-circulated news, according to Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act, every person is required to link their Aadhaar card to the pan card within the due dates provided by the Central Government. The linking of the Aadhaar and Pan card is compulsory to open a bank account. Not only that, but it is also required for the authentication of tax filing. If you have already gone through the processes to link your PAN with Aadhaar, then the last thing you need to do is to check whether you have been successful or not. You need to follow some simple ways to check whether your PAN and Aadhaar card are linked or not. Let’s see what those ways are.
How to Check If My Aadhaar and Pan Are Linked?
To check if your PAN and Aadhar card is linked, you need to have your PAN number by your side to provide it when it is required.
- At first, you need to open your browser on your device.
- Now, visit the website https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/panaadhaarlink/forms/pan.html/panaadhaarAfter opening the website, the system will ask you to enter your PAN and date of birth.
- Now, it will provide you with a captcha.
- You need to follow the captcha and write it down as it is in the box.
- After providing the captcha, you will discover a ‘Submit’ button. Tap on that.
- Once you click on the submit button, the status of the linking will flash on your screen.
How to Check If My Aadhaar and Pan Are Linked hether PAN and Aadhaar are linked Through Income Tax Department SMS facility?
- To start with, you need to open the dialer app on your phone.
- Now, send an SMS to the number: 567678 or 56161.
- Once you send the SMS, the system will reply to you by sending a message.
- It will show you whether your Aadhaar and PAN linking are successful or not.
Check whether PAN and Aadhaar are linked using another website
- Open the default browser on your device.
- Now, you need to search for the official income tax site.
- Once you open the link, you will see the website’s home page.
- Here, you will discover a section called ‘Our Services.’ Click on that.
- There will be an option called ‘Link Aadhaar.’ Tap on that.
- Once you click on that, it will redirect you to ‘Link Aadhaar Know About Your Aadhaar PAN linking Atatus.’ Tap on this.
- A new page will open. You will have to provide your PAN and Aadhaar Card details in the particular box.
- Click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ after filling up the details.
- Immediately, your PAN and Aadhaar linking status will show on the screen.