It has been a while since Google made changes to YouTube views count in India, changing the international counting to the Indian counting method, that is, you now see lakhs and crores instead of millions and billions. The aim behind this change was to make the app more familiar to Indian users.
But not everyone seems to like this feature, in fact, this change has made the app more unfamiliar than familiar for a number of users. And since you are here, reading this article, it will be safe to assume that you also do not like this new feature and want to switch back and change the views, likes, and subscribers numbers from lakhs to millions. Don’t worry we got you, let’s quickly get started.
How To Change YouTube View Count On ANDROID
In order to change the youtube view count form lakhs/crores to millions/billions on your android smartphones and tablets, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings on your android device and scroll down and tap on System or General Management or Additional Settings depending on the option available on your device.
2. Select Language & Input option and tap on Languages.
3. Here you will see all the languages enabled for your device. The first language selected will be used as default and will be used for all the applications. If any app fails to support the first language, the second language will be used, and likewise third language and so on.
4. Tap on Add a Language option and you will see a list of different languages, now tap on English(UK) or English(US).
5. Now set the selected language to default and Restart your device. Open YouTube. The new view count system will be shown.
How To Change YouTube View Count On iOS and iPadOS
Similar to Android, you will need to change the device language to English (UK) or English (US) on your iPhone and iPad to change the view count on your device. Follow these simple steps:
1. Open Settings and go to General.
2. Go to Language & Region option and tap on iPhone Language.
3. Select English (UK) or English (US). When done, hit Done to save the changes.
4. Restart your device, Open YouTube. The new view count system will be shown.
How To Change YouTube View Count On Web
For the Desktop site, it is far more simple and easy, as you get a native option to change its language without affecting the system language. Here is simple step-by-step guide:
1. Open the browser and go to Youtube.com, click on your display picture icon at the top-right corner. Choose Language from the menu.
2. Set the language to English(US) or English(UK).
3. Reload the website and BOOM, you now notice that the view count has now been changed to millions.
(NOTE: If you don’t see any change, clear your browser cache and then repeat the above steps again.)