People of every age, from students to working professionals, prefer their PC or laptop to do their work. It is not considered to be luxury today. In this article we will talk about how to change time format in Windows 10. Many companies like Lenovo, Apple, Microsoft, HP, etc., are available to provide men with necessities. While some prefer to use Mac, others go for Microsoft-built Windows laptops. Microsoft keeps upgrading its versions by building new software, and one of them is windows 10. It provides the users with the benefit to change the time format however they wish. It does not require a lot of effort from the user. You just have to follow some simple steps to change time format in Windows 10.
How to Change Time Format in Windows 10 to 24 Hours Format?
- Open your laptop or PC first, and you will find a clock at the bottom right of your screen. Click on that.
- Once you click on that, you will find many options.
- Select ‘Adjust date/time’ among them.
- After clicking on the above option, it will redirect you to a different page which will show you many sections like ‘Related settings’ ‘Have a question?’
- Tap on the former one.
- It will provide you with two options ‘Data, time & regional formatting’ and ‘Add clocks for different time zones.’
- Click on the ‘Date, time & regional formatting.’
- Now, scroll down to the ‘Regional format data.’
- Here, you will find an option called ‘Change data formats.’ Click on that.
- Once you tap on that option, you will get a ‘Short time.’
- Select the time ‘9:40.’
- Your laptop or PC will now show a 24-hour time format.
How to Change Time Format in Windows 10 to 12 Hours Format?
- Open your laptop or PC and press Windows + Q keys together from your keyboard to open the control panel. You can also go to your computer’s ‘Start’ button to search for Control Panel or double click on Control Panel if you have saved it on your laptops’ home screen.
- Once you open the Control Panel, go to the ‘Clock and Region’ section.
- From there, you have to go to ‘Change date, time, or number format.’ Click on that.
- After clicking on that, a ‘Region’ window will display immediately.
- Now, toggle on ‘Format.’
- Here, you will an option called ‘Short time.’ Click on its dropdown menu and select hh: mm tt.
- Similarly, click on the ‘Long time’ dropdown menu and select hh: mm: ss tt.
- Once all the stages are over, press ‘OK.’
- Now, your computer will display the 12-hour time format.