Apple has a variety of good music and ringtone for the iPhone, but it can also get older with time. As well all know it’s a little tuff to change the ringtone in iPhone and the other ios devices.
Here are some techniques you can use to change and get a specific ringtone for your ios devices.
How to change your ringtone from the iPhone?
- Open Setting
- Tap on Sound & Haptics
- Under the Sounds and Vibration Patterns, tap on the ringtone you wish to change.
- Select the ringtone
Tips: You can also set ringtones for your contacts.
How to set a ringtone for a specific contact?
- Open Contacts
- Tap on the contact you’d like to set the ringtone
- Tap on edit
- Tap on Ringtone
- Tap the song or ringtone you want to set
- Tap on Done
How to buy and change the ringtone from iTunes?
- Open the iTunes Store app
- Tap on tones, at the bottom
- Browse the ringtone you want to purchase, tap the price.
- Choose the option to automatically set the ringtone.
- For this, you might need to enter your Apple ID password to complete the purchase.
How to set the ringtone through the Garageband?
The GarageBand is a better alternative if you don’t have a computer or if you don’t want to purchase the song from iTunes.
You can set any ringtone for your iPhone through your garage band. You can trim your favorite part and also set them as your default ringtones, provided under 40 seconds in length. You can create a ringtone from the sound effects in Garageband too.
You first need to install the GarageBand app from the App Store and then follow these steps to make your custom ringtone.
- Open the Garageband app
- Choose the audio recorder, you can choose any instrument you want.
- Once you have selected the audio recorder tap on the three sound lines, located in the top-right corner.
- Now, look at the top-right corner and tap on the loop icon.
- After that select the music you want to set as a ringtone from the Files or Music.
- Select and hold your finger down on the file and drag it to the left track in the GarageBand.
- Once the song is imported, tap on the small + icon at the top-right corner beneath the tool button.
- After that tap on Section A make it to the 30 bars and then trim the song as you want to set as the ringtone and tap on the play.
- Then tap on the arrow at the top-left corner and then tap on my songs and then change the song name as you want
- Press on the song you just rename and then share as your ringtone.
- Tap on the Export
- Select on the Use sound as
- It will change your default ringtone to the custom ringtone you just make.
How to change your iPhone ringtone from your laptop?
Image Credits: How to Geek
You need to install the latest version of iTunes on your laptop or computer.
- Choose a Sound File you need to convert and use it as your ringtone. Your ringtone file must be a maximum of 40 seconds long, it will refuse to copy a ringtone longer than 40 seconds.
- Convert the MP3 to AAC, select the sound file in iTunes and click File>Convert>Create AAC Version.
- Rename Your AAC File, drag and drop the AAC file from iTunes to your Desktop or any other folder on your system.
- Add the Ringtone File to your Phone, unlock your iPhone, and tap on the trust option.
- After that Click on the device icon that appears to the left of the library on the navigation bar.
- Click on the tones section under On My Device in the left sidebar.
- Drag and Drop the .m4r ringtone from its folder.
- Choose the ringtone from the Settings.
For more news and updates subscribe to our Newsletter below.