If you possess an account in the State Bank of India (SBI), one of the broadly prominent banks in India, there is a promising possibility that you’ve registered your phone number with your SBI account to get instant notification with every transaction. Regardless, can you shift your mobile number that is associated with an SBI account? Yeah, you can do it very smoothly in a few simple ways.
The primary step is by stopping by the OnlineSBI portal and the next procedure is for those who do not maintain entry to the Internet banking site to the SBI portal – by traveling to the closest ATM. Both these techniques work efficiently and we have composed this manual to assist you to alter the mobile number in simple phrases. Now after the mobile number is modified, you will proceed with receiving your formal transaction update on the recent number only if you have SMS banking facilitated.
Before continuing, it is worth indicating that to shift your registered mobile number adopting this technique, you will be required to retain a valid username and password for the SBI net banking. For Example, if you don’t have access to one, you can call upon the closest bank branch and get it worked out. After retaining a valid username and password, you can pursue these presented points.
How to change registered mobile number in SBI online?
- First, you have to log in to the Onlinesbi portal by filling in a valid username and password.
- Then Go to Profile > Personal Details
- Now, Enter the Profile password, you will discover Display Name, Email ID, and mobile number registered
- Then, click on the link that asserts ‘Change Mobile Number-Domestic only (Through OTP/ATM)’.
- Now, on the new screen, you will receive a prompt to fill the new mobile twice, enter the new mobile number, and tap on the submit button.
- After this, you will receive a pop-up notification which explains ‘Verify and confirm your mobile number xxxxxxxxxx’.
- Tap on Ok and continue.
- Lastly, a new display with three various modes for authorization of change of mobile number will be illustrated – (a) By OTP on both the Mobile Number and (b) IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM
How to change registered mobile number in SBI by OTP on both the Mobile Number?
- Start by clicking the circular switch which possesses the choice ‘By OTP on both the Mobile Number’ and then click ‘Proceed’.
- Then Select the account by tapping the button, for performing that you possess the debit card and then click on ‘Proceed’.
- Now you will be directed towards the SBI’s ATM card Validation screen display where you will discover active and locked ATM cards related to the assigned bank account.
- Then tap on the active ATM card and choose ‘Confirm’.
- Then the assigned ATM card number will be exhibited.
- Now fill in the card details (Expiry Date, Card Holder Name, PIN, and then enter the text as demonstrated in the image) and accordingly tap on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- After having a successful validation, the network will send an OTP along with a considerable number on your former as well as recent mobile number.
- Now once that’s done, you will need to transmit SMS from both current and previous mobile numbers in the succeeding format: – ACTIVATE <8 digit OTP value> <13 digit reference number> to 567676 within 4 hrs. e.g. ACTIVATE 12345678 UM12051500123
- Lastly, after the SMS validation is examined successfully, the current mobile number will be duplicated in Internet Banking, Core Banking Solution, and ATM. Then a successful notification pop-up will also be illustrated on your mobile number.