Google Pay is one of the most used UPI payment apps in India. Today most online payments happen on Google Pay. In this article, we will talk about how to change name in Google Pay. Friends, relatives, and businesses will be able to find you more accessible if you add or change your name in Google Pay. Now without wasting any more time, let’s get started with our guide on how to change name in Google Pay.
How to change name in Google Pay?
If you are using an Android smartphone or iPhone and looking for ways to change your name in Google Pay then follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below on how to change name in Google Pay.
How to change name in Google Pay on an Android smartphone?
- To update or change your name, launch the Google Pay app first.
In the top right corner, click on your profile image.
- Now select “settings” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on Select “Personal Information.”
- Now select the “Pay with Google” option.
- In the “Full name” box, type your full name.
- Select “Update” from the drop-down menu.
- And it’s done! The “Profile Page” will reflect your new name.
How to change name in Google Pay on an iPhone?
- First of all, open the Google Pay app on your iPhone.
- Then tap on your profile photo.
- After that, tap on the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Following that, select “Personal Information.”
- Select “Pay with Google” from the drop-down menu.
- Now type in your name.
- From the drop-down option, choose “Update.”
- And that’s it! Your new name will appear on your “Profile Page.”
How to change display name in Google Pay business?
It is essential to update the display name in the Google Pay business as it might create some trouble for your business if the display name is not changed. That’s why we have gathered a step-by-step guide on how to change the display name in the Google Pay business.
- First of all, open Google Pay on your smartphone.
- After that, click on the Settings option.
- Find ‘Public merchant profile’ and click Edit to alter the information that the public and your customers view.
- Find ‘Business information,’ where you’ll find the business name for a company or personal name and Name choice for a brand name.
- After that, Find ‘Credit card statement name’ and click Edit to input the business or brand name that will appear on consumers’ credit card statements to help them recognize the purchase they made from you.
Note: Because ‘GOOGLE*’ appears before your company name on customer credit card statements, your credit card statement name can only be 14 characters long.