Tabs play a very important part in our work life. We may dismiss their significance, yet our online lives would be much more difficult if there were no simple solutions to regulate and manage tabs. In this article, we will talk about how to change color of Google Chrome Toolbar. We use the toolbar on our Chrome browser daily, but with time it might seem boring. In that case, we can change the color of the toolbar in Chrome to freshen up the look.
Along with that if you are someone who has to work with lots of tabs open then customizing the toolbar might be a good chance for you. As it can help us identify and organize tabs. Along with that, we can easily find out about the active tab. There are multiple methods to change the color of the toolbar and we will talk about each of them one by one. So let’s get started with how to change color of Google Chrome Toolbar.
How to change color of Google Chrome Toolbar with the help of theme?
Themes allow you to personalize the look of Chrome. When you change Chrome’s theme, the colour of the toolbar or top bar changes. The color of your tabs, search bar, and bookmarks bar are all part of this. Changing themes will also affect the appearance of Chrome’s new tab page. So now let’s get started with how to change color of Google Chrome Toolbar with the help of theme.
- First of all launch Chrome and select the three-dot icon at the top of the screen.
- After that select the settings option from the menu.
- In the settings option select the appearance option.
- After that you will find different Theme option select anyone you like.
- If you don’t like all the standard option then you can click on the Discover more theme option, which will take you to Theme store on Chrome.
- On the theme page click on the “Add to Chrome” option.
- Now you will have to wait till the theme gets installed on your Chrome browser.
Once the theme is installed it will change the color of the toolbar on your Chrome browser. If you don’t like the theme then you can always install another theme by following the same steps mentioned above. Now Open Chrome Settings if you want to revert to the original Chrome theme and next to themes, click the ‘Reset to default’ option.
How to change color of Google Chrome Toolbar with your own theme?
In case you didn’t like any theme on the Google Chrome theme store then don’t worry. As you can always create your own theme on Google Chrome. So now let’s get started with how to change color of Google Chrome toolbar with your own theme.
- First of all open a new tab on your Chrome browser. Make sure that no extensions are active on the new tab page.
- Now click on the “edit icon situated at the bottom right corner.
- A new pop-up will open up and select the color and theme option.
- Now select your colors, select the first color icon with a color picker sign.
- After that choose your favorite color.
- Now tap on “Done” to save your settings.
And it’s done! you have successfully created your own theme on Google Chrome with your favorite color. Although users should keep in mind that they can mix & match background and color schemes from various themes.
ALSO READ: How Do I Turn Off Google Lens In Chrome?
How to change color of Google Chrome Toolbar with Tab groups?
Another attractive method to identify your tabs is to add a colorful accent to them. With this feature, a new colorful line will appear beneath your tabs. This solution, which employs Tab groups, would be useful if you wanted to organize tabs by altering their color. So now without wasting any time let’s get started with how to change color of Google Chrome toolbar with the help of tab groups.
- First of all right click on the tab, and choose the option to add to the new group option.
- Now you will be able to see a gray dot on the left of the tab.
- You can click on that dot to give it a group name and color.
- Drag tabs into an existing group or right-click on them and select Add to the existing group to add them.
Note: If you want to remove the tab from a particular group then you can drag it out from it. Apart from that you can also right-click on that tab and click on the remove from group option.