On windows every account created is a user account by default. And it gets limited privileges and it’s restrictive. One can get full access after turning a user account into an administrator. You can always change your user account into an administrator account as a backup in case something goes wrong. In this article we will talk about how to change administrator name in windows 10.
On Windows 10 users get two main accounts, Administrator and Standard user each offering different types of privileges. The Administrator type gets complete control like users can change settings globally, install the apps and much more. While a Standard user account is restrictive. Though it’s recommended to use a Standard account but depending on the situation sometimes it may be necessary to change the account type.
How to change administrator name in Windows 10?
- In the lower-left corner of your screen click on the start menu.
- Present above the power button select settings.
- Now go to accounts.
- In the left sidebar click on your info.
- Click on manage my Microsoft account.
- In the top left corner click on more options.
- From the drop down menu Click on edit profile.
- Click on edit name.
- Enter the first and last name that you want to change.
- Enter the captcha and click on Save.
- For the changes to go into effect click on restart.
ALSO READ: How To Change Time Format In Windows 10? Step-By-Step Guide | OyPrice
Join us on Telegram, Facebook, or Twitter and stay up to date with the latest happenings in the tech industry.