Earlier when there were no ATMs, Debit, or Credit cards people used to carry cash with them. Times have changed and now we live in the age of cashless convenience. An ATM CARD lets you do much more than just withdraw money. But what will happen if you lost your ATM card. In that case, the 1st thing that you will have to do is to block your ATM card. That’s why in this article we will talk about how to block an ATM card.
Due to pandemic, the majority of people do their transactions online. The possibility of unauthorized and fraudulent transactions has also increased.
In this article, we will talk about how to block the SBI bank ATM card. But the process of blocking the card will be more or less similar with all the banks.
How to block an ATM card?
- Go to www.onlinesbi.com
- Provide your username, password details, and log in.
- Go to the e-services tab.
- Click on the Bank ATM CARD services option.
- Now click on the Block ATM option.
- Choose the account which is linked to the ATM and you want to Block.
- You will be able to see all the cards linked and are active or blocked.
- Now select the card that you want to Block and give the reason why you want to Block and tap on submit.
- Verify the details and click on confirm.
- Type your password or you can even opt for an OTP number, and click on confirm.
Once the SBI ATM cum Debit Card has been blocked you will receive a ticket number via SMS. Make sure that you save the ticket number for any future reference.