Instagram is the most popular and most used social media platform in today’s times. On Instagram, people are preferring stories and Reels over regular posts. That’s why in this article we will talk about how to add pre-recorded video to Instagram Reel. As Reels are so popular these days that many people like to shoot it with their professional cameras and then upload them to their Instagram accounts. But if you just simply open the Instagram Reels section then you will notice that you are not directly allowed to upload pre-recorded videos on Instagram. But don’t worry as here is our step-by-step guide on how to add pre-recorded video to Instagram Reel.
How to add pre-recorded video to Instagram Reel?
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Now, tap on the “+” icon situated at the top right corner and select the Reels option.
- After that tap on the “+” icon situated at the bottom left corner.
- Now you will be able to select any pre-recorded video, just tap on any video you want to add.
- Now you will have an option to trim the video or add music to it.
- After that tap on the “Add” option.
- Now if you wanted to add another video clip to the same Reel then tap on the “+” icon, if not then tap on the “Preview” option.
- Here you will have all the options which we get while posting stories like adding stickers, location, GIFs, etc.
- After that click on the “Next” option.
- Now a new page will appear where you will be able to add location, write a caption, and tag people. Enter every detail and then click on the “Next” option.
- After that, a new confirmation pop-up will appear tap on the “Share” button to share your Reel.
- And it’s done! you have successfully shared a pre-recorded Reel on Instagram.
Note: Users should keep in mind that at the moment we are only allowed to share reels of up to 60 seconds only. So keep this time limit in mind while shooting for Reels on some other camera. Along with that if you want to post a Reel shoot from your DSLR then first you will have to get the clip on your smartphone.
So this was our simple guide on how to add pre-recorded video to Instagram Reel. Do let us know your thoughts about your favorite Instagram feature in the comments section feature.