So, you are in the market to buy a brand new gaming monitor because you want the best advantage you can get to shoot those pixeled heads you see on your screen. But, when it comes to buying a brand new monitor that suits best for your gaming arsenal, there are some things you should consider before making a purchase, here is everything you need to know.
Know The Purpose of Your Monitor
Is it just for gaming or you want more from your monitor? there are a number of factors that play a key role while picking up a monitor.
1. Resolution: Always look for the best resolution you can purchase under your budget (make sure the resolution is at least 1080p).
2. Screen Size: Always choose a comfortable size display that suits you the best. Ideally, 24 and 27-inch displays are best suited for gaming, and a Curved Screen would be icing on the cake.
3. Response time: Always choose the lowest response time display if you’re serious about gaming, the lower the response time will give you a massive advantage compared to your opponents.
4. Panel Type: There are currently 3 types of panels best suited for gaming screens: TN, IPS, and VA.
–TN panels provide the lowest response time but lack picture quality if viewed from side angles.
–IPS panels are the slowest of all three but still suitable for competitive gaming as they still provide a great advantage if built with a high refresh rate panel, the IPS panels provide the best picture quality among the three panels mentioned above.
–VA panels are the middle ground between TN’s Fast response time and IPS’s picture quality, as it has balanced response time and decent picture quality. But, VA panels are known for their ghosting issues which means if your system shoots too many frames rapidly then there are chances of pixels from the previous frame popping up on the next frame.
Unless and until you are looking for a monitor for a casual or little bit of competitive gaming, we suggest you go for IPS panels, but for the E-sports enthusiast, we recommend a TN panel.
5. Refresh Rate: Refresh rate of your monitor is what makes or breaks your gaming experience, as the higher the refresh rate of your monitor, the higher the advantage you have over your opponents. there are various refresh rates available on gaming monitors: 60Hz, 75Hz, 120Hz, 144Hz, 165Hz, 240Hz, and 360Hz. We strickly suggest getting at least 120Hz as is the base standard this day for a gaming monitor.
Anyways, here are the best picks that we recommend for gaming monitors under Rs. 15000:
24-inch Gaming Monitors
1. Acer 23.6 inch KG241QS
The Acer KG241QS Features 23.6 Inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen TN Display with AMD FreeSync technology, 0.5 MS Response Time, 165Hz Refresh Rate 300 Nits Brightness, 2 X HDMI Port (2.0) 1 X Display Port with Inbox DP Cable, Black Boost with 11 levels of dark level adjustments, Optimize the dark field and see details at a glance, Wall Mount Option, -5 Degree ~ 15 Degree Tilt Feature, AMD Free SYNC Technology, 3 Years Warranty.
2. AOPEN Acer Curve Gaming Monitor 24HC1QR
The AOPEN is a sub-brand of Acer, AOPEN Curved 24HC1QR features a 23-inch full HD 1920×1080 resolution, 1800R curve 250 Nits, VA panel display, 4 MS response time, 144 Hz refresh rate, Tilt Angle -5°~ 20°, HDMI, DVI, and Display port with cables, AMD Radeon Free Sync technology, Flicker-free, and low blue light technology, Viewing angle: 178 / 178 degree, wall mount option.
3. Acer Nitro 23.8 inch VG240YS
The Acer Nitro VG240YS Features a 23.8 inch full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display – 250 Nits – HDR 10, 0.5 MS Response Time, 165 Hz Refresh Rate, 2 X HDMI 1 X Display port with Inbox DP cable, AMD Radeon FreeSync Technology – Zero Frame Design, VESA Wall Mount Ready – 30000 Hrs MTBF, Integrated Stereo Speakers.
27-inch Gaming Monitors
1. Acer AOPEN 27HC5R P
The AOPEN is a sub-brand of Acer, AOPEN 27HC5R P features a 27-inch FHD VA Panel display with 1920 x 1080 Resolution, 250 Nits Brightness, Blazing Fast 165Hz Refresh Rate, 5 MS Response Time, Care for your eyes with Bluelight Shield and Flickerless Technology, 1500R curve, providing a cinematic viewing experience, HDMI, VGA, DVI Ports with Inbox Cables.
2. Acer KG271P
The Acer KG271P features a 27 inch full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen TN Display 400 Nits Brightness with AMD Free-Sync Technology, 165Hz Refresh Rate with 0.7 MS Response Time, AMD Radeon FreeSync Technology, Zero Frame Design, Flicker Less Technology, 178 / 178 View Angle, Stereo Speakers, Wall Mount, 1 X DVI Dual Link Up 1 X HDMI 1 X DP Ports with Inbox DP Cable.
Thats all we have for today’s list, if you like this article consider subscribing to our News Letter down below, and don’t forget to comment, which monitor are you going to purchase from this list?