The famous instant messaging app – WhatsApp, allows users to play around with font styles, font sizes, and themes to customize their chat space. The application has been offering a bunch of font-styling tricks to its users to make their messages appear different with italic, bold, and strikethrough formats. If you want to change font style in Whatsapp on your Android device, follow these easy steps.
How to change font size in WhatsApp
Follow the steps to change the font size in Whatsapp on your Android smartphone.
- Open your WhatsApp.
- Tap on More options (⋮), the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Chats > Font size.
- You can select from Small, Medium, or Large.
How to change font style in WhatsApp
Follow the steps to change the font style in WhatsApp on your Android smartphone.
Using Built-In Formatting Panel
After you’ve typed your message;
- Select the message, press, and hold it.
- The Kebab menu will pop up on the top of the selected text.
- Select Bold, Italic, Strikethrough, or Monospace to change font style in Whatsapp.
Using Special Characters
An alternative method to change font style in WhatsApp is through typing the text. The special characters that you can use in the message are;
- For Italic text: Add one underscore ( _ ) before and after the message.
Example: “_Hello, this is a new Whatsapp font_”
- For Bold text: Add one asterisk ( * ) before and after the message.
Example: “*Hello, this is a new Whatsapp font*”
- For Strikethrough text: Add one tilde ( ~ ) before and after the message.
Example: “~Hello, this is a new Whatsapp font~”
- For Monospace text: Add three backticks or left quotes ( “‘ ) before and after the message.
Example: “ “`Hello, this is a new Whatsapp font“` ”
To find ` on your Android phone, open your keyboard, switch to ‘?123’. Then tap on ‘=\<’.